Thursday, May 2, 2013

Technology

May 2, 2013
Christy Robbins

Technology
Technology is becoming more and more prevalent in today's world and people are becoming more and more adapted to using technology and more dependent on technology. Most people think that technology doesn't have a place in physical education but it actually does. In recent years schools have started using fitness labs in physical education classes and I-pads have been incorporated too. Fitness labs are a great way for students to be active without really realizing it. Some equipment in fitness labs are video games that are hooked up to equipment such as bikes so that students have to pedal to continue to play the game. I-pads can be used for students to do QR code scavenger hunts or to develop fitness plans for students. There are apps that can be downloaded to the I-pads which can give the students different exercises to do such as ab work outs leg work outs and much more. I believe that with technology physical education class it will only enhance programs across the country 


3 comments:

  1. Technology is being used more and more in physical education classes and I think that it has a lot of befenits. Kids spend so much time using technology that they are familiar with it and they really enjoy using it. So, being able to use technology in a physical education class in order to be active is a great way to get kids involved in class and want to participate. In addition, technology provides a different way to get students active and most of the time activities involving technology are also a lot of fun! When technology is becoming more popular in every other aspect of life, why not be incorporated into physical education classes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said about technology in physical education. I think it can definitely benefit the students and save us a lot of time also. On a different note, do you think kids are going to know how to interact with people with all of this technology today? I worry sometimes that kids won't know how to talk to someone face to face. I see parents letting children play with iPads, iPods, and cellphones younger and younger now. I think technology has a place in society, but I just hope it doesn't take over too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also agree with what you are saying here about the positives of technology in PE. In my opinion technology is always an advantage and should be implemented within schools. The times are changing and it is only right that PE departments around the country start using as much technology as other fields. This is necessary so they do not get outdated and this will also help to keep children's attention and get them interested. As we have learned in Tech PETE, much can be accomplished through new technology in our field.

      Delete